Rocket Man My fourth graders learned about Leonardo Da Vinci's many talents. I have to give mad props to my buddy Derek, an art teacher in Peshtigo WI (http://greatartdoors.blogspot.com/) for this lesson. Derek did this with his fourth graders (check out his blog) and used paper straws and other different materials. I used wood dowels, paper, string, twisty-ties, plates, hot glue, rice paper, cardboard, and plastic. I started the lesson by introducing the students to Da Vinci's many talents... science, military, and artist. We focused on his two studies on flight and their drawn models. The students examined the drawing, and then looked at drawn models from the Wright Brothers and airplane models drawn up till today. The students started by drawing their own blueprints showing a side, top, and front or back views. After their 2-D model was appr...
I am almost finished with my fourth grade gum ball machine inspired lesson with oil pastels. I have one class finished, and three more to finish this next week. Check back for more colors and student examples.
5th Grade- Lichtenstein Portraits 1st Grade- Horizon Line with Apples 5th Grade- Ink Pear Still-Life 1st Grade- Three Part Winter Landscape 1st Grade- Warm and Cool Lines and Leaf 3rd Grade- Positive Negative Autumn Leaf Designs 4th Grade- Zentangle Pumpkins With Emphasis 1st Grade- Sky Scraper With Emphasis 2nd Grade- Pear Still-Life Folk Art 2nd Grade- Mondrian Square Tea Time 5th Grade- 2 Point Perspective Bird Houses 4th Grade- Oil Pastel Gum Ball Machines 4th Grade- Pop Art Soda Can Prints 2nd Grade- Ice Fishing Paper Art 3rd Grade- Winter Landscape (glue and chalk) 5th Grade- Group Project Picasso Weeping Woman 5th Grade- Group Project Van Gogh Sunflowers 3rd Grade- Clay Circle Weaving I Can't Believe that it has been 4 years already. I have gone from a y...
Mathew, those hanging guitars look awesome- as well as the rest of the show! Nicely done :]
ReplyDelete