Castles... Way Better Than Drawing A Shed Mr. L












CASTLES!!!! I covered my architecture standard with a lesson on castles. I did not re-invent the wheel on this one, but I brought in over 15 books on castles from all over the world. The students were exposed to castles and palaces from England, India, France, China to Afghanistan... the students combined multiple styles to make their own castle design. My rules were: horizon line, hills in background, color scheme, and NO SUNS! The students had fun and learned a lot about brick and rock drawing. Enjoy the pics!

Best quote from a second grader this year: "Mr L. castles are way cooler to draw than barns and sheds like we did last year!"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Eat Your Fruits And Veggies Mosaics!

Leonardo Da Vinci Flying Machines

5th Grade Emphasis… Work In Progress