A Better Mood...and A Light Soon To Come

It has been months since I last posted. When writing my last post I found myself in a grey mood. After 18 weeks of student teaching, and a month of summer school teaching on my own I was on a high. I loved waking up in the morning to go and work with my students. The feeling I got seeing them work and succeed was amazing. All of a sudden the "high" was gone, and I found myself opening letter after letter of rejection notices from school districts I was hoping to interview in. By August, I moved back home to live with my parents in Green Bay. At this time I was still applying for teaching jobs, but as my last post stated I started looking for part- time jobs as well. Two weeks went by and I started getting phone calls from businesses telling me that they were sorry to tell me ... I was OVER QUALIFIED..... what? The one job I was qualified for I was getting rejection notices for, and the jobs that I was over qualified for I was getting rejections from. Frustration followed ......... Finally something came along.... I got a phone call from FedEx. (Yeah I know it's not a school district) What I learned from rejection after rejection was, in today's America, it is not easy to find any kind of a job. I went in for an interview and got the Package Handler position. YAY.... It wasn't much, but it was a job..... finally something that got my mind off not being able to teach.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Eat Your Fruits And Veggies Mosaics!

Leonardo Da Vinci Flying Machines

5th Grade Emphasis… Work In Progress