My Dislike For Condiments

As with the other plates, I enjoy using the functional pottery surface as a canvas for expressing myself as an artist, and any other views or concerns I wish to express.
In this four plate series I share my hatred for condiments with the viewer. On the face of the plate I display the chosen condiment. On the base / bottom of the plate I have my personal feelings and reasons behind my dislike for that particular condiment.







I enjoy making plates. So many artist use the cup or tumbler as a surface for artistic design. The creation of the plate is such a complex and tedious process... I feel it deserves just as much attention as a decorative surface. The plate just like the cup has a bottom, outer wall, and an inside. I love making the viewer turn and flip the plate as they discover the meaning behind the design.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Eat Your Fruits And Veggies Mosaics!

Leonardo Da Vinci Flying Machines

5th Grade Emphasis… Work In Progress