My Hopes

What I am hoping from this blog is that other first year teachers find it comforting to read about my challenges and mistakes as I grow and learn as a teacher. I have just recently graduated from the University of Wisconsin Oshkosh. I got a degree in Art Education, and I am currently still searching for a full-time teaching position.
Two weeks after graduation I was fortunate enough to land a summer school teaching position for five weeks. This is my first official teaching position, so as much as i'm terrified, I am evenly excited. For the five weeks I am responsible for teaching Arts and Crafts to two classes of 20 students. Each class includes and combines students in Kindergarten, first, and second grade.
One question... DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW MUCH OF A DEVELOPMENTAL DIFFERENCE THERE IS BETWEEN A KINDERGARTEN STUDENT AND A SECOND GRADE STUDENT? Here comes the challenge. Time to see if six years of schooling and a life long love for art pays off.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Eat Your Fruits And Veggies Mosaics!

Leonardo Da Vinci Flying Machines

5th Grade Emphasis… Work In Progress