Tiki Poles


Enjoys bonfires... has a warm mouth.



Loves dogs... Used a bone for the nose and dog tracks for the cheeks.


Ice cream lover... love how she incorporated it into her eyes.




I found this lesson from another blogger... (cant remember who, sorry... please let me know it was you). I taught this lesson after teaching a lesson on symmetry. I taught the students about tiki poles and the difference between totem poles and tiki poles. Tiki poles allowed me to teach the students about wood texture while reteaching the idea of self-portraits and symmetry. The students combined their personality with things they like to do, to create a self-portrait Tiki God. I enjoyed watching my students find ways to combine things they enjoy doing with facial features. The lesson took three weeks, and allowed the students to think creatively.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Eat Your Fruits And Veggies Mosaics!

Leonardo Da Vinci Flying Machines

5th Grade Emphasis… Work In Progress