The Start of Kindergarten Self-Portraits






Wow... I haven't done portraits with Kindergarten before, so I didn't know what to expect... I have to say I am extremely happy with the results! The students started with an oval tracer for the head and after that everything was drawn by their hands. The lesson is covering winter weather clothing. The students drew themselves with hats, scarfs, and they will be added detail to their shirt to create a winter jacket. Please check back to see the finished pieces. I am extremely excited!

Comments

  1. Wow! Those are very impressive for 1st grade! The oval tracer is a great idea....kindergartners usually struggle with drawing things big enough to fill a page!

    I just discovered your blog via Mr. E's blog. I am a first year art teacher in Indiana (graduated from Purdue in May 2011), and have been blogging since school started in August. It's a great way to get ideas! Happy blogging!

    ~Jessica (www.missyoungsartroom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Eat Your Fruits And Veggies Mosaics!

Leonardo Da Vinci Flying Machines

5th Grade Emphasis… Work In Progress