I Love My Parents and Teachers

When I interviewed for the elementary art position, I was asked what it means to be a professional. After I got the position I soon learned it means way more than just what happens in the classroom. In the small town I now call home, I have found that no matter where I go I can expect to be spotted by one of my students. No matter where I am, I have to be a professional.
At the end of the day, I couldn't ask for a better situation. Today I went to Walgreen's, within seconds of being in the store I was spotted by one of my students who I greeted with a hello. As I passed him I heard the student tell his father..."That's my art teacher Mr. Lawniczak." Soon after I was introduces to the father, who came up to me on his own to welcome me to his town. I have been welcomed with open arms by every parent and staff member I have met. As an art teacher, friends are extremely important... I need stuff (junk to some, and gold to me). In an email to the staff and a newsletter soon to parents I ask for things like: Cereal boxes, egg cartons, Pringles cans, paper towel rolls, and any other craft (junk) supplies. After sending out the staff email, I was surprised to see bags and bags of stuff waiting for me the next morning. As you can see in the picture.... junk, lots and lots of junk... I love it! I can't do everything as a single person, but with great parents and staff I always have help. My students are lucky, and their teacher even luckier.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Eat Your Fruits And Veggies Mosaics!

Leonardo Da Vinci Flying Machines

5th Grade Emphasis… Work In Progress