So It Begins!



My war on GLUE begins today! I decided last week that I was going to have a long discussion with each class about glue. I asked the class who enjoys glue (everyone raised their hand). I then asked the class, who likes when the glue bottle gets clogged (no one raised their hand). I told everyone that I hated glue, but like them love what it does in art. We then talked about what to do when the glue bottle clogs.
1. NEVER USE A SCISSORS TO UNCLOG A GLUE BOTTLE!
2. NEVER JAM YOUR PENCIL INTO A GLUE BOTTLE TO UNCLOG IT!
3. When a bottle gets clogged bring the bottle up to MR. LAWNICZAK... he will give you a new one and fix the clogged one.
4. I reemphasized that I will never get mad if you come up to me and ask me to unclog a glue bottle. I WILL GET MAD AND TAKE AWAY YOUR GLUE BOTTLE PRIVILEGES IF I SEE YOU USING A SCISSORS TO UNCLOG IT!

After all of this... I then brought the students over to the demonstration table and did a demonstration on the use of gravity and the fact that no one needs the glue bottle open all the way open.

I did what I could... The rest of the year is up to them. I'm excited for next year and my glue demonstration improvements haha (since I know there will be problems). Fingers crossed!

Comments

  1. Put a little vasoline on the threads on the side of the white cap, and then on the top part where the orange cap goes. It makes a world of difference!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Eat Your Fruits And Veggies Mosaics!

Leonardo Da Vinci Flying Machines

5th Grade Emphasis… Work In Progress